Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the seventh day of Christmas . . .

This one is for Julia. My beautiful Julia, my cohort, my navigator, my sounding board, my helper, my shopping buddy, my joy, my worry, my babygirl. She faithfully reads my blog everyday and when I ran my musical choices past her, she lit up at this song and told me it was one of her favorites. Being it's The Eagles, it also one of mine. And Julia? You did me real proud today ... I love you, my poupounette.

Please Come Home For Christmas - The Eagles

Please Come Home For Christmas, sometimes referred to as Bells Will Be Ringing, was released in 1960 and sung by the American blues singer and pianist Charles Brown. Brown wrote the song with Gene Redd, a New York producer who went on to guide the career of Kool and the Gang. Hitting Billboard's Hot 100 chart in December 1961, it peaked at #76. Appearing on the Christmas Singles chart for nine seasons, it hit #1 in 1972. The Eagles covered and released the song as a single in 1978. Their version peaked at #18 on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts and was originally released as a vinyl 7" single; the nineties saw a re-release of a CD-single.

No comments: